Kristen Wiig had publicly come out saying that she is not willing to star in or participate in creating a sequel to her hit 2011 film, Bridesmaids. Wiig’s refusal has made many a fan mad but I would like to take a moment to remind everybody, sequels are never as good as the original. In fact, there are often times that sequels are so bad they turn a great movie into a mediocre franchise. Kristen Wiig, I want to thank you for refusing to put the amazing film that is Bridesmaids at risk. The original film was amazing and a sequel would never be able to live up to the expectations or the original film.
For those of you that don’t believe what I am saying, here is a list of films that will hopefully jog your memory:
- Caddyshack 2
- Ghostbusters 2
- Dumb and Dumberer
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Ghostrider (the first was so bad I can’t believe they are even coming out with a sequel)
- Spiderman 3 (practically ruined Spiderman for me)
- Legally Blond 2: Red White and Blonde
- Ocean’s 12
- Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
- Jennifer’s Body (there is no sequel out or planned for this but I have a steadfast rule that this film appears on every list of bad movies I make, regardless of if it fits the theme)
- Jaws: the Revenge
- Speed 2: Cruise Control
- Blues Brothers 2000
I could keep this list going if I had to but I think I’ve made my point. More often than not, sequels are not as good as the original film and a lot of the times, they end up being really bad films.